If Email2AT Classic is set to use the Client Portal to add notes to tickets, then Email2AT does not explicitly set the status of the ticket after it is updated. Instead, Email2AT relies on the Client Portal configuration in Autotask to change the ticket status when the note is added via the portal.
To configure the Client Portal to change the ticket status after a note is added:
- Open a web browser, and navigate to your Autotask account here: ww1.autotask.net
- Within Autotask, hover your mouse over the Autotask icon in the upper-left corner, hover over the Admin tab, then select Extensions & Integrations.
- Expand the section labeled Client Portal & Taskfire, then select Manage Clients.
- Find the option labeled “When a ticket note is added in Client Portal (non-Taskfire Clients only), change ticket status to: “, then select the desired option.
- Find and select the Save button at the top of the page to save your changes.
Email2AT can also be configured to confirm that the status was changed by the Client Portal. In this case, Email2AT will edit the ticket status if, for some reason, the portal does not edit the ticket status. To complete this, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser, and navigate to our secure MSPintegrations Login Page here: https://secure.mspintegrations.com/auth/login
- Sign in using your existing Autotask credentials, and you will be taken to your account page.
- On the left-side menu, select the option for Inbound Addresses, found under the Email2AT heading.
- Select the Ticket Notes tab.
- Find the option for Force Ticket Status [Portal], and change the setting to Yes.
- Select Save at the bottom of the page.