This usually means that the Add Ticket Email Service (ATES) is configured incorrectly in Autotask.
Confirm that ATES is set correctly in Autotask by following the steps below:
- Open a web browser, and navigate to your Autotask account here: ww1.autotask.net
- Sign in to your Autotask account, select the Autotask icon in the upper-left corner, and click on Admin.
- Expand the Application-Wide (Shared) Features section, then click on Incoming Email Processing.
- To check the configuration of an existing setup, click the 3 lines to the left of Add Ticket Email Service (ATES). For a new setup, click the + New icon to add the ATES service.
If everything is set correctly:
- Add an email address to receive copies of failure messages (Notification Tab, bottom field)
- Send a message through the system
- See what the error message says when it is sent to the personal inbox